Basic Care Instructions
- Wash and condition your K. Cole Xtensions Upon receipt prior to installing
- Never use any products including sulfates and/or Alcohol. These ingredients will dry out the hair. (We recommend natural hair products that list water as the first ingredient and products that promote moisture.) i.e. Argon Oil, Moroccan Oil, Coconut Oil, etc.
- When washing hair, use warm water. Hold the bundle at the weft and fully emerge in running water. Fingering the products down the hair shaft, through to the ends. Condition the hair following 1 wash and allow the conditioner to sit for 3-5 minutes. Rinse the conditioner out of the hair with cold water. Towel the hair then hang to dry. For Deep Wave absorb excess water with a cotton t-shirt. This will prevent the curls from frizzing.
- Comb through your hair daily from ends to scalp. (This does not apply to Deep Wave hair. For these textures we recommend combing every 2-3 days)
- We recommend using a spray bottle with water to dampen Deep Wave hair prior to combing. Dampening the hair will prevent breakage, frizzing, and excess fluff. (setting foam or mousse work well with styling Deep Wave curls)
- At night comb your hair thoroughly. You can braid your hair into plats, put it into a ponytail/bun or clip your hair up. Use a Satin scarf to tie your hair down or a satin bonnet to help preserve your style.
- NEVER SLEEP ON WET HAIR. SLEEPING ON WET HAIR WILL CAUSE THE HAIR TO MATTE.
- Please consult your stylist for maintenance of your styled look.